Healthy Skin Care Routine Beauty TipsHealthy Skin Care Routine Beauty Tips
With the application of many over the counter sun protection lotions and creams we still need to be diligent in protecting our skin for the coming winter months.
Daily skin care routine at home that's easy to do everyday
Keep up with sun protection lotion/creams.
Go from reapplying layering applications to lighter single applications.
- During summer less is more approach and the key to summer skin care.
- Transitioning from summer to winter skin care may mean heavier moisturizer since the indoor air becomes dryer.
- Moisturize more with hydrating products like balms.
- Take time for self care in the morning to wash the face gently.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Apply an all over body lotion or body butter.
- Eat fruits/vegetables to help the skin stay hydrated longer.
- Especially those with high water content that are from the melon, (Cucurbitaceae) family for fruits. Watermelon - yum!
- The vegetables like carrots and broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, collards and kale. (Brassicaceae family) are some of the best for your skin and gut.
- Take a break from the blue light, reduce screen time.Or purchase some blue light glasses to help improve sleep, eye strain, blurry vision and headaches.
- Stretch and open your mouth, massage your face gently and neck with upward stokes to improve circulation and blood flow
- The best time for rich deep penetrating moisturizer that seeps in while rejuvenating and repairing your face.
- Cleanse the skin with a gentle facial cleanser either a milk base or serum oil cleanser - the new way to clean your face.
- Apply rich moisturizer/cream to the eye, face, neck and decolletage area to protect delicate skin.
- Use rose infused balms, creams or serums made with organic roses, rose hip seed oil, argan oil and evening primrose especially designed for 40 and over skin care routines.
Younger skin from 26 - 39 may use a lighter cream or lighter serums made with organic roses, argan oil and rosehip seed oil avoiding areas that cause breakouts.
1. Change the pillowcase 1 -2 times a week. Purchase a new pillow yearly for dust mites allergies
2. Tools for facial care - invest in a Jade roller. This is well worth the investment as a beauty regime revitalizes the circulation, which encourages lymphatic drainage and helps to reduce under-eye puffiness.
3. Gua Sha massage stone for the face - It's a heart shape massage stone.
4. Get your sleep your brain and body will thank you.
5. Sanitize your cell phone and headphones frequently. Dust and bacteria love to linger transferring germs to our skin.
6. Lastly, use handmade soaps made with all natural ingredients for all over gently cleanse that doesn't strip away the natural oils in our skin.