Do aromatherapy shower steamers work? The answer is, “Yes”. They provide the restorative benefits of the essential oils and fragrance oils in less time with a shower spa experience rather than a long leisurely bath soak. The shower steamers are an added benefit if you suffer from sinus irritation, detoxify and clarify the skin with a facial steamer and give the feeling of having your own personal spa at home.
What is an aromatherapy shower steamer? An aromatherapy shower steamer is made with essential oils mainly, but may include a fragrance oil. The fragrance oil adds a boost that makes the scent last longer along with the aromatherapy benefits of the essential oils. This is called an essential oil fragrance blend in a shower steamer or shower fizzy.
How do you get your shower to smell like a spa? With the shower steamer activated and using a soap with a similar scent say for example – eucalyptus spearmint with eucalyptus mint scented handmade soap. This makes a great combination and it’s a total spa experience in the shower.
Can you use fragrance oil in a shower steamer? Yes, because it’s not a leave on product. Here at Vermont Lavender, we add more fragrance depending on the recipe used. Make sure the fragrance oil being used is skin safe when making your shower steamers at home.
The best scents for shower steamers that have only essential oils.
- Lavender – Use French lavender (France) Lavender 40/42 mainly used for soaps or a higher camphor herbaceous French lavender – lavender 30/32
- Rosemary - has a strong camphoraceous, pine and herbaceous scent
- Peppermint – Japanese – has a sharp, penetrating mint scent based on its high menthol content
- Spearmint – has a sweet minty herbaceous scent
- Egyptian Geranium - has a green, rosy-sweet, minty scent
- Palmarosa - has a sweet, floral fragrance with a hint of rose
The best fragrance oils to use in shower steamers or combine with essential oils.
- Lavender chamomile
- Rose and Peony
- English Rose
- Lavender vanilla
- Turkish Mocha
- Coffee Espresso
The best essential oil and fragrance oil blends that are for specific uses.
Sinus - A blend of effervescent camphor, eucalyptus, menthol and rosemary. Add menthol crystal for a super strong shower steamer. (Sinus)
Relaxing – A blend of lavender chamomile fragrance oil and lavender 40/42 or Lavender 30/32 essential oil to soothe and relax the mind. (Dreams)
Eucalyptus Spearmint - Invigorating blend of spearmint, eucalyptus, peppermint and ginger. This blend brings clarify and focus to mind. (Clarity)
Rosemary Peppermint – The mind needs to be revitalized with this blend of rosemary, peppermint, anise, ginger, lavender and spearmint.
Citrus Splash – Wake up with a delight in this sparkling blend of bright orange and grapefruit sweetened with cassis, pineapple and vanilla.
Citrus Energy – A blend I make with Energy fragrance oil and Valencia orange or Orange X essential oils. An uplifting long lasting morning wake up shower steamer blend. (Morning)
Seduction: Pure Seduction - A seductive blend of musk, floral bouquet, apple and fresh citrus.
Disclaimer: These scents listed next are sold by Wholesale Supplies Plus and I have no affiliation or paid advertising from them. I just love their products. Sinus; Eucalyptus Spearmint; Rosemary Spearmint, Citrus Splash and Pure Seduction
How to use an aromatherapy shower steamer.
- Place the shower steamer on an empty soap dish or on the floor of the shower away from direct stream of water.
- The shower steamer is activated when the water hits the steamer.
- You can also drizzle water on top with your hand to start the fizzy action.
- Avoid direct stream of water on the shower steamer to make it last longer and let the scent fill the shower.
- Relax and enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy for 1 -2 -3 showers depending on the size of the steamer. Tablet – 1 use, Lotus – 1-2 uses, Mooncake – 2 -3 uses
#vermontlavender #aromatherapy #showersteamers #wholesalesuppliesplus